Radon Test Kit, First Alert - RD1
First Alert Radon Test Kit
Radon is a cancer-causing, radioactive gas. Radon is estimated to cause thousands of lung cancer deaths in the U.S. each year.*
The First Alert Radon Gas Test Kit checks your home or office for radon, a naturally occurring but dangerous gas. Simple to use and listed with the EPA, the kit includes everything you need, including lab fees (except NJ state tests), recommendations, and next steps if you do detect radon. Safe and easy to use, this radon testing kit is recommended for use only within the United States.
The Easy Way to Check for Radon
The First Alert Radon Gas Test Kit includes everything you need to check your home, business, or school for radon. Radon is a naturally occurring gas that can be found in basements, drains, crawl spaces, and other areas below ground. The EPA recommends testing for radon below the third floor of buildings. The charcoal-based radon test kit is listed under the EPA Radon Gas Measurement Proficiency Program.
Simple Test Takes Just Minutes
Testing for radon should only take a few minutes, and is safe and easy. Simply leave the radon sampler out in the lowest point in your home or office for two to four days. When finished, place the test in the provided envelope, apply postage, and mail it to the lab. Lab results are available three to five business days after lab receipt.
Includes Next Steps and Recommendations
The radon testing kit includes information on what to do if you do have a radon problem and how to interpret the results of your test. More comprehensive testing might be required if results come back indicating the presence of radon. The kit also includes background information on the dangers of radon and how it might be entering your building.
- The simple and safe way to test for radon
- Safe and easy to use.
- Set kit out for 48 hours and mail in for results.
- EPA listed, listed under EPA Radon Gas Measurement Proficiency Program
- Includes test materials and lab fees, excluding NJ state fees
- Please note that test results received from a lab may take three to five days.
- Includes pre-addressed return envelope
- Shipping costs to the lab must be paid by the customer
- Recommended for use only within the United States
- Made in USA
If you are interested in ordering a large quantity of items you may qualify for volume pricing discounts. Volume Discount Pricing is a great way for customers to save big on large, bulk orders of most items available in our store. Please send a bulk order request to our friendly sales staff so they may create a quote and provide personal service for your order! You will receive a response within 1-2 business days and our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm CST.
- Let us know what products & the quantities you are interested in.
- Get a detailed quote from a dedicated sales rep.
- Our warehouse ships directly to you.
- You enjoy the savings & are now a preferred customer.