Mold Test Kit, First Alert - MT1
First Alert Mold Test Kit
Mold causes health problems such as chronic sinus, respiratory infection and asthma. First Alert Mold Test Kits are for those interested in knowing if their home or workplace includes toxic mold. The kit can safely and accurately identify various types of molds. This kit includes: test strips, bags for samples and instructions. Please mail sample to lab. There is a lab analysis fee per sample.
Check Your Home for Mold
Mold is capable of growing in damp places, behind walls, under floors, above ceiling tiles and behind shower walls. Mold feeds on wet cellulose material such as wood, ceiling tiles and plasterboard. It’s also capable of gathering inside air-conditioning and heating systems. Water is essential for mold to spread. When water is left unattended for even 24 hours, common molds are capable of forming. An even more dangerous version of mold can spread if water is left unattended in a completely saturated area.
Lab Analysis from NIOSH Certified Lab
Lab analysis of $10 per bulk sample submitted will specify the type of mold growth. Preprinted envelops are included to ship your samples to Cardinal Laboratories in Beaumont, TX. You will receive your results in five to seven days.
- Newer homes are more susceptible to mold problems in comparison to older homes. A bad leak in either home anywhere in the country can cause mold problems.
- Recent studies have also linked molds to the tripling of an asthma rate over the past 20 years.
- Common molds cause health problems, including chronic sinus and respiratory infections and asthma.
Lethal molds that produce airborne toxins, mycotoxins, can cause:
- Serious breathing difficulties.
- Memory and hearing loss.
- Flulike symptoms.
- Bleeding in the lungs.
Prolonged exposure to mycotoxins can cause:
- Chronic fatigue.
- Loss of balance.
- Memory loss.
- Difficulty speaking.
How to protect your home from unhealthful molds:
- Keep water out and fix any leaks within 24 hours.
- Be on the lookout for discoloration of walls, ceiling, or anything made of wood or paper. Mold growth can be almost any color: white, black, green, fluorescent.
- Look behind cabinets or pictures on cold outside walls, where condensation can occur. Keep furniture away from outside walls.
- Check around air handling units (air conditioners, furnaces) for stagnant water. Keep these units serviced with regular cleaning of ducts and air filters.
- Be aware of odors. Mildew has been described as pungent, or "aromatic".
- Know the symptoms of mold-related illness, which can range from chronic sinus infections and asthma to nosebleeds, extreme fatigue, severe headaches, dizziness, rashes and central nervous system problems. Do the symptoms get better when you go on vacation and worse when you come home?
- Use a Mold Test Kit to check for mold in your home. Mold testing by certified professional organizations costs $200-$500.
- Should your home Mold Test Kit test positive, contact a professional mold removal company.
- Mold Kit contains all test materials, manual, and preprinted return envelope
- Mold analysis completed by NIOSH certified lab
- Made in the USA
If you are interested in ordering a large quantity of items you may qualify for volume pricing discounts. Volume Discount Pricing is a great way for customers to save big on large, bulk orders of most items available in our store. Please send a bulk order request to our friendly sales staff so they may create a quote and provide personal service for your order! You will receive a response within 1-2 business days and our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm CST.
- Let us know what products & the quantities you are interested in.
- Get a detailed quote from a dedicated sales rep.
- Our warehouse ships directly to you.
- You enjoy the savings & are now a preferred customer.